- The Information We Collect. The types of personal information we collect and use in relation to our clients and potential clients will depend upon the information and products and services requested. However, subject to applicable law, it may include:
- name, address, email address, contact details, nature of the client, or potential client, financial, credit, billing, and account information, and other incidental information relating to the products and services we provide;
- information material to your business, for example, financial, property ownership, family, employment, disciplinary, benefit, or tax information, and any other information you give to us when you engage us;
- information about individuals we collect in the course of providing our products and services, including personal information about you or your employees, referrals, counterparties and consultants;
- information about you contained in communications within Janiva and between us and you, whether online or offline; and
- information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by applicable law.
- Use of Personal Information. We use personal information to:
- offer and provide services and deliverables to you;
- communicate with you regarding the Janiva products and services you request and to respond to your requests and enquiries;
- administer our billing databases and issue and collect accounts;
- provide you with material and information regarding Janiva Memberships and Janiva Products and to invite you to certain Janiva Online Events and Janiva Live Events;
- develop and use our knowledge management systems and permit Janiva Members to consult documents that we have created on your behalf and that contain personal information;
- manage and administer our business, including to avoid negligence and protect you and us against error; and
- as permitted or required by law or for purposes for which you otherwise provide your consent.
If you do not wish to receive further materials, information or correspondence about Janiva Products or if you do not wish to receive further invitations to Janiva Online Events or Janiva Live Events, you may unsubscribe or ask us not to contact you for these purposes.
- How We Collect Information About You. We typically collect personal information directly from you or through our interaction with you, including by way of this Site. However, sometimes we may obtain personal information about you from other sources.
- How We Disclose and Share Your Information.
- We may disclose the personal information we collect about clients or other individuals we deal with to third parties, including: (i) where we are required or authorized to do so by law; (ii) where it is necessary to collect fees, for instance, to a financial institution or collection agent; (iii) to regulatory (including self-regulatory) or governmental authorities; (iv) where you have instructed us to disclose your personal information to a third party for a designated purpose; (v) where we reasonably believe a third party requesting your information is your agent; and (vi) where you consent or as permitted or required by law.
- This Site. The only personal information that we collect about you when you use this Site is what you tell us about yourself, for example, by completing an online form when you request receipt of a Janiva publication, or information you provide to us through the “Contact Us” section or when you send us an email. As most websites do, we track usage patterns on this Site on an anonymous basis. Your identity cannot reasonably be ascertained from this information. Each time you visit this Site, our server records your Internet service provider, the date and time of your visit, the pages you visit and the documents downloaded, the searches you performed, and the referring URLs you came from. We use this non-personal information to optimize this Site service.
- Janiva utilizes cookies to create a more customized experience for our users and customers. For example, we use a login cookie so members do not have to re-enter their username and password each time they return to this Site We also use tracking pixels (e.g. Google Analytics) to aid in measuring and tracking where this Site traffic is coming from and to track the performance of this Site. Finally, we use remarking pixels, including from Facebook and Google, to aid in customized, targeted follow-up advertising.
- Janiva has implemented reasonable physical, organizational, and technological security measures to safeguard the personal information in our custody or control. These include safeguards to protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Authorized Janiva Members, agents, and mandatories have access to your personal information. You can generally visit the Janiva website without providing any personal information. However, given that electronically submitted data is not one hundred percent (100%) secure, we make no warranties as to the security of any such personal information that you submit, which you do at your own risk.
- Access, Correction, Enquiries, and Complaints. We maintain a file of your personal information for the above-mentioned purposes. If you wish to request access to, or correction of, your personal information in custody or control of Janiva, please make your request in writing to us at the address below. We may need to verify your identity before searching for or providing you with personal information. In some circumstances, we may not provide access to your personal information, for example, if it contains the personal information of other persons, if it constitutes confidential commercial information, or if it is otherwise not properly the subject of an access request. It is important that your personal information be accurate and up to date. Please inform us as soon as possible of any changes to your personal information. If you have any questions, requests or complaints about our personal information practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com.